Although we have some of the best samples that exist for orchestration including Vienna Libaries and LA Strings, theres still nothing like the life that real orchestral performance brings to a track. For most the use of real orchestra is a pipe dream due to the huge cost.
However..... we have a unique relationship with the Irish fixer (representation) of the Prague Symphony Orchestra: Mark Cahil at
Heres how it works:
- The string arrangement is created for the song and scored.
- We book the required amount of time for the song(s) with Mark at MPC productions who takes care of the rest.
- We pass a backing track of the song we work on plus the prepared score to the Orchestra's Dropbox / FTP site.
- The Orchestra plays our arrangement and it gets recorded at the fabulous CNSO Studio in Prague.
- The recorded files are returned over the internet
- We mix the returned files into our tracks
The costing is on a project by project basis. If there are only 1 or 2 songs to be worked on we also have the option of sharing 4 hours sessions with other MPC clients... effectively only paying for the time used by the orchestra!